Cancel all your plans for Saturday 01 September and head out to Eikendal in Stellenbosch for the opening of a new shop called Winelands Fly Fishing. Philip and the guys have organised a great day of activities including fly tying demos, the opportunity to test out some of the latest fly rods and meet some of South Africa’s most loved authorities on the subject of fly fishing. Check out what Winelands Fly Fishing have to say:
We are extremely excited to announce the opening of our new shop, Winelands Fly Fishing, this coming Saturday the 1st of September at Eikendal. If you perhaps made the huge mistake of booking a beat on the opening day of the streams, sorry , the river will be flooding, don’t believe us? Look here – While on the other hand, it should be a very pleasant day in the Cape Winelands. We also stocked some muscular Rainbows on Monday, ready to eat your fly.
There are 100 and more reasons to rather visit us at Eikendal, here are just a few:
- There will be fly tying demo’s by Ian Wallace and Tim Rolston.
- Come and meet Dr Tom Sutcliffe, he said Ed might also be joining.
- Tim Rolston will do a casting demo and will be available to offer advice to improve your casting.
- Chris Bladen will be displaying some of his artwork, not to be missed.
- Come and cast the 5wt. Hardy Zenith fly rod. Amongst 18 of the best fly rod brands worldwide, this rod won the renowned Yellowstone Angler shootout by an impressive margin, read the full story here.
- We will also have a 12wt. Pro Axis Hardy demo for the Salty Buggers.
- Come and wiggle the new Greys XF2 10 footers.
- There will be three different Froggy V-Craft float tubes to choose from including Froggy Webbed Feet float tube fins
- Distance and accuracy fly casting competition, entry is free and you can win some cool prizes.
- We will be hosting some exciting trips in the next year including Slovenia, Sterkfontein, Rhodes, the Orange and Vaal rivers and Zambia.
- Come see our ever expanding range of Signature flies ??? Superior by Design!
- 10:00 With the saltwater season here, Ian Wallace ties two great patterns.
- 11:00 Tim Rolston demonstrates an alternative way to tie your Parachute patterns for the streams.
- 12:30 Tim Rolston Fly Casting demo.
- 13:30 Distance casting competition.
- 14:00 Accuracy casting competition.
Tom Sutcliffe will be available to sign some of his popular books.
There will be Boerewors Rolls and colddrinks. Please bring a camping chair.
Philip, Etienne, Ryan and Dylan.
Map & Directions to the venue:
From Stellenbosch, take the “Strand” Road/R44 direction Strand.
- ??Go past several traffic lights, past the Stellenbosch Square shopping centre/De Zalze golf course.
- ??The last set of lights will be at the Annandale/Lynedoch crossing.?? The landmark there is the Mooiberge Farmstall with its colourful ‘scarecrows’ and strawberries.
- ??Eikendal is 1.9 km from this intersection on the left.
- ??Also look out for a big fountain in our dam that is visible from the R44.
From Cape Town, take the N2 direction Somerset West.
- Take the Baden Powell/Stellenbosch Turnoff.
- Go past Welmoed Winery.
- At the first set of robot at the Lynedoch Petrol Station, take a right into Annandale Road.
- The landmark there is the Mooiberge Farmstall with its colourful ‘scarecrows’ and strawberries. At the next robot turn right into the Strand/R44 road, direction Somerset West/Strand.
- Eikendal is 1.9 km from this intersection on the left.
Also look out for a big fountain in our dam that is visible from the R44.